Christopher Moore's Blog

Miscellany from the Author Guy

Christopher Moore's Blog header image 2

Chris’s Bite Me Tour 2010 – With TOUR FAQ

December 14th, 2009 · 218 Comments · Events and Interviews, Tour

BITE ME TOUR 2010 – Scroll to the Bottom for Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Tuesday, March 23 at 7:00 PM

17171 Bothell Way NE,
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155

Friday, March 26 at 7:00 PM
POWELL’S BOOKSTORE AT BAGDAD THEATER
3702 SE Hawthorne Blvd,
Portland, OR, 97210
Tickets $24. Ticket includes a signed copy of Bite Me. Ticket buyers who purchase through Ticketmaster.com will have a surcharge of around $7 per ticket. As an alternative, walk-up customers can buy tickets at McMenamin’s Crystal Ballroom box office (1332 W. Burnside, downtown Portland) anytime leading up to the event and pay a $1 ticket surcharge. Customers can purchase at the door the night of the event (also a $1 ticket surcharge), but will risk not getting in should the event sell out. (Not likely).

Saturday, March 27 at 2:00 PM

For more information, call (416) 622-2838

Wednesday, April 21 / 7:00 PM – Waterloo
Words Worth Books presents Christopher Moore
Location: First United Church, 16 William Street West
For tickets call, (519) 884-2665

FAQ:

1) Hey, why aren’t you coming to my town? You never come to my town?

1)We pick dates and cities for the tour based on a lot of factors, population, ease of travel, how much mail I get from that area, and if there is a bookstore there who knows how to host an event and has a venue in which to do it. I can really only effectively tour for a month a year, and some would argue that’s too long. We have to hit the most people with the greatest ease of travel. When I was touring in February, we had to cut the Midwest from the tour because of weather, this year, I’m not doing Texas or Florida because we added the Chicago dates. I don’t choose the cities, they are determined from a lot of factors. If you don’t have a at least a dozen best-selling authors coming to your town every year, then you probably don’t have an event-oriented book store.

2)Will you sign other books I bring to the event.

2)My policy is that I will sign any of my books that you bring, but usually I can only personalize one because of time constraints. Most of the stores that host events require that you buy the current book from them. If you’re a collector or reseller, and you have a backpack full of books, you have to wait until last to have your books signed. This tour will have a few ticketed events. Usually the price of the ticket includes a book, or the price of the ticket discounted against the book. I understand that at some of the events they’ll have me sign the books in advance, so if you don’t want to wait in line, you won’t have to, but if you want to wait to have your book personalized or just to say hi, I’ll be there. So far I think Powell’s in Portland may be the only one doing that.

3)What can I expect at the event? Do you read, talk, do puppet shows?

3)I don’t read, but I usually talk about the book and other stuff for about 20-30 minutes, then take your questions for another 20 minutes or so, then I sign books until we’re done. If it’s a big event, and you want your book personalized, it can take an hour or two. Some places allow you to stay in your seat, others, there’s an actual line. It just depends on the venue. If you’re not sure, give them a call beforehand.

Tags:

218 Comments so far ↓

• Misse Bailes

Chris! I have recently introduced my younger sister to your fine, fine works. Please, please please make a trip to South Florida. We would love a chance to meet you in person.

Also, my sister was down in the dumps for awhile, I decided she needed a good dose of Biff. You might get a laugh, but we take our books to the lake and I sit and read Lamb out loud to her… We have the special editions, which you know look like Bibles, so I make sure to pause when people walk by… I didn’t want the neighbors to think I’m possessed (talking about sex and saying expletives )while doing what looks like a bible study!

• G.J.

Please make another visit to Georgia.. Unfortunately, my girlfriend and i missed you the last time you were here.

• Brett

Mr Moore makes his way back to the greater Philadelphia area! You rock and can’t wait to see you on the tour stop in West Chester sir!!

• Sherron

please come to St. Louis, MO

• Zero

Just a heads up-the phone # for Copperfield’s Petaluma is (707)762-0563.
    We are eagerly anticipating the awesomeness!
    Podium tuned up-CHECK!
    Crazy lady escorted to her chair-CHECK!
    Mich Albom’s bodyguard drugged & left in Hyde Park-CHEC–wait, what?

• Chris the Girl

I can’t complain you aren’t coming to Santa Cruz, Cali…so I will be there at the start in San Fran with you! We are all sooooo excited!

• Sadie

Your appearance at the Bagdad Theater in Portland will probably sell-out. However, this is a pretty sneaky way of getting people to buy the hardcover edition of your book. I will take a pass but there are plenty of others willing to spend the money.

• Marin

Awh rats. No LA this round, and the day you’re coming to reasonably close Pasadena is a day I can’t make it up there. Damn LA traffic.

Hopefully I’ll have moved out of this damn town by the time the next book rolls around.

I miss Kepler’s.

Bitch. Moan. Whine.

• Olivia

Virginia just made Alabama look awesome! Come here, Birmingham, AL. I mean, I know you’re not on this tour, but one day, please!

• Mike Arenas

Glad to see you will be in Pasadena,Ca..Wish you were going to be at the LA festival of books.

• The Only Toni

I don’t think I can get up to Phoenix/Mesa on 3/27, but I surely wish I could. I totally LOVED the two books that each had the same scene from a different perspective. I’ve never seen this done before and I consider it to be pure genius – with a healthy dose of silly. Thanks for all your books and I appreciate being informed about upcoming new ones and events.

• Jess

So excited you’re coming to Chicago and Tommy & Jody are back! See you there!

• Ketan

Atlanta rocks!!!

• mona

asshat – excellent (and appropriate) term.

• Weremonkey

You really should come to Atlanta, Georgia.

• Jack Finn

Even though you haven’t responded to my brilliant (my opinion) suggestion for a book “Homer”, a narration by a broadcaster named Homer on the events of Troy; I will still buy and read your latest book. I will miss you in AZ as I leave there on the 25th (nice timing) but will have my son stalk you in Chicago for a signed copy. Pittsburgh would welcome you on your next tour, we don’t have archaic laws concerning sexual orientation or strigent pot laws so it would be a perfect stop for you in the Spring.
    Thanks for the ride,
    Jack

• Brooke

On behalf of a good percentage of Virginian’s, I apologize for our new asshat governor. I hadn’t heard about that law, but I’m not surprised. Women’s rights are out the door next. Complete asshat, I agree. Please come to Virginia anyway though. We’re not all bad…..

• Do Better

Ballsack. Shit. Gurgle noises. TEXAS!>

• Kara

Glad you are coming back to Kepler’s since I am too lazy to drive up to SF to see you. I wonder if the wacky lady who reprimanded you for writing about vampires when you were here for You Suck will be back. If not, I will try to say something wacky so you will feel at home.

• FromMarcus

So I guess Michigan doesn’t make the tour this year—How about a visit to Michigan State University next?
    Unfortunately, Chicago is not around the corner, and ya need a passport for Toronto!

• Dag

Politics and Prose!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet! Were you to not visit here, I would suspect some heinous fuckery* was afoot!

See you in April!

-Dag

*and most foul, indeed!

• chris

Nothing in Western Canada?
    Hey, was on a train from Paris to Barcelona a couple years ago. Ended up meeting someone reading Fluke … hilarious … you’re going Global!

• Marion

Only ONE event in NY? How about TWO?

• Jeff H

hey, wtf? [whine whine whine] no oakland? the least you could do is pick me up on your way to corte madera.

can’t wait. see ya there.

• Marcy

I’m going to take the day off work and take a road trip to Columbus. See you in April!

• Flaming lamb

WAHOOOOOOOOO!

okay. I don’t live in any of the cities listed above…but my job requires me to be in that…city…they call Ottawa.

I wonder if I can create a meeting for that week.

Chet rules.

• Dawn Deeb

Oh how I wish you were coming to Pisspants Peoria, Illinois….may have to take a road trip to Chicago!

• Nathan Stalker

I suppose Rota Naval Base, Spain, is out of the question?

• Doug

Great, Looking forward to the new book.

• Luis

The bit about some of the book signings being pretty lengthy in time, and CM’s policy being signing all books presented to him (I still wonder if he would also sign books from other authors, though) is absolutely true.

I just went to one of these, last year in Denver, and he stayed there signing books for hours. He was really nice when I got to pass him mine, some three hours later, and even answered some special petitions (sign a book insulting a friend) which makes me consider his patience not short Franciscan. In in shoes I would probably have sent everybody to hell, and then burned the join. Thanks Chris!

• robin

Yay!!! I drove from Boston to Jersey to see your awesome Fool theatrical experience… And now you’re coming back to boston – hurray!!!!!

• Dave

Finally, a new Chris. Moore book. Long trip from an Island off the coast of Maine to West Chester, so I’ll send my brother to get another autographed book. Thanks for the entertainment. I appreciate the research you put into your books.

• Bruceifer

Naper-fuckin-ville sweeeeeet! Jeez, ya got a lot canadian cryfuckdummies, see what happens when you give a developing nation the Olympics, suddenly they think their frickin Petaluma. (sorry had to throw that in, I went to Sonoma State University, just a dusty beer fart from Petaluma) I promise not to stalk you until you get to Naper-fuckin-ville, and talk about cities that practically mirror each other, with their pretentious little quaint downtown , matching gag, I mean gap stores, and of course a river that no one would be caught in. (at least not alive, I’m pretty sure while I was at SSU,they found a couple of bodies in the river that runs through town) and I know exactly where they found at least one body in the Dupage river that runs right out the turd cutter of downtown Naper-fuckin-ville, not that I had any thing to do with it, really, I just had this dream one night and BAM! three years later they find a body in the smagma filled cesspool they call a “beach” in the tiny hamlet (read that as 164,000 suv drivers_) see ya soon, probably sooner than later, but ya know eventually I will catch up with you, finally a chance to ….. ah fuck it, time to go take my meds, or else they wont let me out of here . Your greatest fan,ever, no really, ever…..

• A M

please, please for the love of all you hold dear, STOP using Powell’s in Portland area……they appear to be the only ones having a ticket charge…..if you need the extra money you could put out a tip jar, but their greed turns the rest of us off!!!!

• Jana

As a resident of South Pissport NC, I’m sad you aren’t coming here. But thanks for making the stop in DC over Spring Break. Road Trip!

• Sam

You know, I’m disappointed that you’re not coming to Detroit (or at least Ann Arbor), but honestly, I can’t blame you. All we really have are shitty weather, abandoned GM plants, and strip clubs. I’ll be driving to see you in Chicago :-)

• Becca

woot woot! the nyc date was originally a thursday i believe, soooo happy it’s now a saturday. see ya in ny!

• gene

leave it to powells to charge for a author signing. next time chris,pick a better bookseller…

• Dag

@Gene Actually, I think what Powells is doing is brilliant. The ticket price includes the book, and it looks to be a discount off the jacket price (based on the hardback release for Fool, which was 26.99)… also, you’re not going to have as many of the dealer types who aren’t there to buy any books, just get their copy of Stupidest Angel signed (maybe you’re one of them, which is why you’re grumpy??). This is a good thing for Chris, the fans and the store. I would have absolutely no qualms about paying $24 for this if I were local to Powells.

• Linda

Yes Austin Texas!! I can assure you at least three book sales, maybe more if I have time to rally. Love you!!

• Kyle

Texas Texas Texas!!! I hauled my cookies all the way to Vegas for you a few years back….it’s the least you can do……

• Kyle

That’s 20+ people for Texas!! Definitely worth the flight.

• Laura

Yahoo! Love that you are coming to Denver, Tattered Cover! Alex and I will be there

• Kara

Was telling my husband about your Kepler’s appearance and pulled out my special edition of Lamb as a visual aid. He informed me that it didn’t look anything like a bible because bibles only come in red. He was not kidding. He’s from Canada, though.

• Chris

very excited…hope it’s even more hilarious than You Suck!!!

• eileen

Your books are awsome. Could you come to Anchorage,Alaska?. It would be a pleasure to see you. you rock man

• Celia

Kick ass! I missed you last time in NY for Fool. Will be a joy to meet you. Thank you for being warped in the best way.

• Zoe

I’m a huge fan and would love to see you here in New Orleans!

• Judy

If you have never toured India, maybe you should. I’m living here in an ashram for a couple of years. I think I’m going to be helping teach English to a bunch of high school boys soon. While the ashram is obviously not going to want me having the kids read books with terms like “heinous fuckery”, I can certainly say who my favorite authors are. And most people here actually do speak English, more or less. The local bookstores carry more English titles than they do Hindi. Look into it, anyway.

• Gary

Add St. Louis to your list! I have a huge crowd that’s drooling to meet you in person! We’ve all read your books! Please!