Christopher Moore's Blog

Miscellany from the Author Guy

Christopher Moore's Blog header image 2

Chris’s Bite Me Tour 2010 – With TOUR FAQ

December 14th, 2009 · 218 Comments · Events and Interviews, Tour

BITE ME TOUR 2010 – Scroll to the Bottom for Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Tuesday, March 23 at 7:00 PM

17171 Bothell Way NE,
Lake Forest Park, WA 98155

Friday, March 26 at 7:00 PM
POWELL’S BOOKSTORE AT BAGDAD THEATER
3702 SE Hawthorne Blvd,
Portland, OR, 97210
Tickets $24. Ticket includes a signed copy of Bite Me. Ticket buyers who purchase through Ticketmaster.com will have a surcharge of around $7 per ticket. As an alternative, walk-up customers can buy tickets at McMenamin’s Crystal Ballroom box office (1332 W. Burnside, downtown Portland) anytime leading up to the event and pay a $1 ticket surcharge. Customers can purchase at the door the night of the event (also a $1 ticket surcharge), but will risk not getting in should the event sell out. (Not likely).

Saturday, March 27 at 2:00 PM

For more information, call (416) 622-2838

Wednesday, April 21 / 7:00 PM – Waterloo
Words Worth Books presents Christopher Moore
Location: First United Church, 16 William Street West
For tickets call, (519) 884-2665

FAQ:

1) Hey, why aren’t you coming to my town? You never come to my town?

1)We pick dates and cities for the tour based on a lot of factors, population, ease of travel, how much mail I get from that area, and if there is a bookstore there who knows how to host an event and has a venue in which to do it. I can really only effectively tour for a month a year, and some would argue that’s too long. We have to hit the most people with the greatest ease of travel. When I was touring in February, we had to cut the Midwest from the tour because of weather, this year, I’m not doing Texas or Florida because we added the Chicago dates. I don’t choose the cities, they are determined from a lot of factors. If you don’t have a at least a dozen best-selling authors coming to your town every year, then you probably don’t have an event-oriented book store.

2)Will you sign other books I bring to the event.

2)My policy is that I will sign any of my books that you bring, but usually I can only personalize one because of time constraints. Most of the stores that host events require that you buy the current book from them. If you’re a collector or reseller, and you have a backpack full of books, you have to wait until last to have your books signed. This tour will have a few ticketed events. Usually the price of the ticket includes a book, or the price of the ticket discounted against the book. I understand that at some of the events they’ll have me sign the books in advance, so if you don’t want to wait in line, you won’t have to, but if you want to wait to have your book personalized or just to say hi, I’ll be there. So far I think Powell’s in Portland may be the only one doing that.

3)What can I expect at the event? Do you read, talk, do puppet shows?

3)I don’t read, but I usually talk about the book and other stuff for about 20-30 minutes, then take your questions for another 20 minutes or so, then I sign books until we’re done. If it’s a big event, and you want your book personalized, it can take an hour or two. Some places allow you to stay in your seat, others, there’s an actual line. It just depends on the venue. If you’re not sure, give them a call beforehand.

Tags:

218 Comments so far ↓

• Oriol

In Spain you have plenty of fans waiting for a visit!! Time to cross the ocean!! Congratulations for that new best seller

• Dillon Addis

I’m rather sad at reading this page. Only one or two genuine people happy to read that he has a tour, and the rest of you are complaining that he’s not coming to where you live. shut the hell up, this isn’t your pity party, its a celebration of a brilliant authors newest creation! Chris, hope you have a wonderful tour and that the weathers good. Be careful around the south because the weather has been a bit crazy lately. You should probably have some snow tires or something just in case, but since your probably going to be flying don’t worry about it too much. Other than that, thanks for the new book and I hope to read it soon!

• Missie

No Texas! Travesty!

• ARG

Omaha! Omaha! Omaha! Hey, the Counting Crows did a song about our fair city. You should come visit.

• Helen

There are a few of us who can read in North Carolina…we’d love to have you!

• Rotten Arsenal

There are a few places in Texas that aren’t full of idiots… please come to one of those places. I live in Fort Worth, but I’ll drive most anywhere!

• Shmimberly Sassypants

Hooray that there’s a new CM book, and even moreso that it’s a sequel to You Suck, (which happens to be my favorite). I think the people who are complaining about ticket cost from Powells should STFU. First of all, you get a signed book for the same cost as your ticket price, dumbasses. Second, the venue (Bagdad Theater) isn’t even owned by Powell’s, so Bagdad is either giving away the theater space for free, or Powell’s is absorbing it, given that, as I said before, $24 is about the price of a hardcover book. So do not further endorken yourselves to me with your whiining!

• Nelson

A Washington DC & a VA signing… hell may hit up both!! The VA signing is like 10 mins from my house. Now to ponder of a good excuse to get out of work early…

• Tasha

:( so sad…no Calgary Alberta stop… :(

• Barb

Vancouver. Please?
    You might have heard of us.
    We’ll show you a good time.
    And, I’ve got a CDN flag that I can autograph for YOU!

• Barb

ps…..

PLUS…some nifty red mittens.

Just saying.

• Volstagg

I can not wait to see Christopher in Seattle!!!

• Kerri

CHRISTOPHER MOORE IS COMING TO OTTAWA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHHAAHAHAHAH Most exciting news EVER!!!! Thank you thank you thank you and I will see you April 19th

• Kathy

I understand this trip is set, but maybe the next one could include Las Vegas? I was on my way to see you at the Flamingo Library a few years ago, when my car died and couldn’t be revived in time. My favorite so far is “Lamb.”

• Dena

YES!! TORONTO!

• Al

Utah’s not so bad…

• Mike

been waiting for 3 years now for you to come to Toronto. It’s about time.

• Belinda S

PLEASE COME TO VEGAS!!!!!!
    you might get inspired for your next book :)

• Bill B

Don’t blame you for not coming to Albany.
    Who wants to go to Albany, anyway? None-the-less, I’ll miss seeing you.

• Lindsay

Vancouver, sir, is an EXCELLENT place to visit, as the Olympics have proven. Toronto, however, is a hole. Sorry to the Torontonians, but I dislike smog and enjoy mountain-fresh, slightly salted air. Plus, we’re more literate in more languages. Trust me, I live here — I’d know. My point, O Chris Moore? Visit us with your book and cease our unholy existence as “geographically unloved”.

• Stacey

On your next book tour can you please come to Norfolk,Va or Newport News,Va or where more in Va so the people who live more towards NC dont have to drive along way to get to the DC one… pulse it would open up the NC people to you more. Pulse Norfolk,va has a lot of military people there.

• Sheley

Way to go Thurber House! See you in Columbus, OH.

• Nichole

Ahh! Please come to Texas next time!
    Love your books man!

• Keligula

Another vote for STL! If you come, I’ll bring the Arch Rival Roller Girls! XOXOX

• Jim Rogers

I understand the economics of it all. But, I’m still disappointed that Central Florida is not on the list.

• Jeremiah (brainsurgery101)

I understand not being able to do Texas this time. But maybe next tour? Your books are amazing and I hope to catch you next time you come to Texas!

• Roberto J. Fruitbat

Is it March 23rd yet??? Pfft…

• Brandi Gardner

Thanks for coming to Chicago! I’m missing a valuable day of higher education to see you! And after “losing” so many of Lamb, we bought the special edition, which I shall hope to have you sign!

• Sheri Radford

If you come to Vancouver, BC, I guarantee you’ll fall in love with the city and want to come back on every book tour you do. We do get lots of big-name authors here, but we need YOU and your wonderful books.

• Christopher Johnson

Chris,

I’m close to finishing every book of yours so I am glad that “Bite Me” is being released soon! I can’t wait to finally meet you in person in Virginia and get my leather edition of Lamb signed. You’re works are an absolute joy to read, so please keep on doing what you do best which is making us all laugh!

• Meredith

I am soo stoked that you are coming to Bothell, WA!! I’m playing hooky from work so I can buy your newest book and get an autograph.

• Erin

I can’t wait for Friday! I’ll need a personalized signing for sure. I emailed you almost 2 years ago and it made my day to receive a response. I’m sure I’ll make a giant ass out of myself Friday but who cares! =). Yippy!

• Mean Bookstore Girl

As Mr. Moore says, he doesn’t get to pick, & I think the fact that he’s hitting sooooo many places just goes to show how much he wants to accomodate his fans!

Also, he’s done his fair share of book-slinging from behind the counter, I do believe, so he’s knows about the book industry from almost every aspect.

That being said, I have to take umbrage with the statement “If you don’t have a at least a dozen best-selling authors coming to your town every year, then you probably don’t have an event-oriented book store.” At least you said “probably!”

I work at an event-oriented bookstore. We have 20+ events every month. We’ve hosted big authors as well as local authors, and everything inbetween.

The big authors are few & far between– not because we can’t host an event, or lack of interest in the community (we had 400 people come out for Danny Bonaduce, of all people, and Anthony Bourdain is coming to town soon) but because of two sad facts:
    ~1) we’re an Indy bookstore with both a B&N and a Borders less than 10 miles away (they don’t get as many big authors as their brother & sister stores, but they get more than us!)
    ~and 2) NOBODY likes coming to Bakersfield (it’s hot, it has a wierd mix of literate ambivalence & illiterate passion, the air is HORRIBLE…)

Our town is conveniently between the I-5 and 99 freeways and we’re about two hours from LA, so appearances can easily be made on the way to San Fran from LA, or vice versa. Sometimes, it isn’t about the lack of event-oriented, hard-working bookstores, it is just about the perception of a place.

• Lindsey W.

So excited that you are coming to a town near me! And I don’t even have to drive all the way to Chicago. Even though I would. Hurray!

• Deborah S.

How wonderful that you are touring. I hope to be able to come see you in Pasadena on April 9th. I was so elated to find a new book! I am reading the last one of yours in my collection and was starting to panic. You know how you become attached to authors and then there are no more books left to read on their list? I was introduced to your books not that long ago, and have been so taken with your storytelling. Also very pleased to see you know Carmel and Maui very well. It’s fun to read about places that are familiar haunts. I think Longe’s restaurant has an ‘h’ in the name though (Longhe’s) from Fluke. Anyway, all the best and congratulations on your new book! Cheers, Debbie

• Wendy

Really? Milwaukee and not Minneapolis? Really?! Seriously, we’re just a little plane hop from Chicago and there are a lot of folks here who love you!

• Video: Christopher Moore (3/24/10) | Sci Fi SoundTrack

[...] with people. Standing room only. Chris grabbed the mic—and craziness ensued. He is out on tour right now for the release of his new book, Bite Me: A Love Story. Here is the summary for the new novel: The [...]

• Lyn Herron

I’ve been a fan since a co-worker introduced me to “Lamb”. I recommend your books to anyone with a sense of humor!

I cannot WAIT until Thursday in Columbus, Ohio to meet you. Thank you for your warped sense of humor and your amazing talent!!

• Trista

Please come to Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. We are all a bunch of sick prairie fucks here and would really love the visit!

• Andrew Lostetter

Please come to Dallas Texas!

• Kim Tucker

Thank you so much for signing my copy of Lamb! It was a real pleasure to meet you in Scottsdale!

• Mike K

No Twin Cities stop,AGAIN??? What the Fluke,man?!?!?! You have fans here too,ya know!!!

Guy with the naked lady on his arm.

• jlwsphotog

Can not wait to spend April Fools day with Christopher Moore in Columbus!

• Amanda Dubs

I’m counting on you next time in North Texas. :)

• Christina

Oh great…just my luck! I check the site and you were just here last week! :(

• James T

Can’t wait to see you in Mississauga, Toronto’s coolest neighbour. I will buy it if you sign it.

• tim dugan

ditto on texas. houston in particular.

• JB

It was great to see you in Chicago, hope to catch you on the next tour as well. Best of luck with the new book, I’m sure it will be “trés” fun.

• Don H

Hey, if you’d like to have a (good) home cooked meal, we’d be happy to have you. I’m from the US and my gf is a proud Canadian girl. We’re engaging, but not bizarre or dangerous…And we have a beagle. Just sayin’.

• Don H

I should probably have mentioned that we live in Ottawa, very near the funky Mayfair Theatre.